4/22/2008

How to be Bad by E. Lockhart, Sarah Mlynowski, and Lauren Myracle

How to be Bad by E. Lockhart, Sarah Mlynowski, and Lauren Myracle is a fun, exciting spin on the classic road trip story.
Vicks, Jesse, and Mel are three very different friends. Well, not exactly-- Vicks and Jesse are friends, and Mel is the rich girl with no friends who works at the Waffle House with them. Nevertheless, they all climb into Jesse's car (her mother's car actually) on a Friday night for a weekend road trip to Miami. Along the way, they encounter a giant stuffed alligator, a pirate hotel, one very hot guy, and a new understanding of both each other and themselves.
I loved How to be Bad. The styles of the three writers were very different, but they meshed well with one another, as well as with the characters that each author wrote. (Though I won't tell you who wrote who-- it's at the back of the book for you to find out, after you've read it.)
How to be Bad is a great story of road-tripping, heartbreak, very strange tourist destinations, and, most of all, friendship.

I give this 1 fabulous book, with 3 fabulous authors, 4 fabulous daggers. (Aren't I clever?)



Bad (on account of the fact that I've just learned how!), wanting to go on a road trip, and yours,

4 comments:

The Book Brat said...

I'm not surprised you guys loved this book. it's one of the books I can't wait to read.

Anyway here's a book recommendation Those Girls by Sarah Lawrence

Anonymous said...

i love road trip stories.

i'm working on a road trip story, actually.
or i will be, because i'm trying to limit my obsessive story-starting, so i've forced myself to finish the first book first.

Anonymous said...

i like stories with more than one author writing for a character. (ive only read one, but it was pretty good.)

im defiantly picking this one up! =)


**Amy~la was here**

Em said...

Loved this book too! In fact, I'm going to be having a contest for it soon on my blog. :-)